We are excited to resume in-person worship services at 6:00 PM this Sunday evening. We are scheduled to meet in The Hill Church’s facility on June 14 & June 21. Our plan is to then return to a normal 10:15 AM Sunday morning worship service starting on June 28. Because the Brimfield Elementary school building is not yet available to us, we will instead be meeting at a vacant church building at 1541 South Water Street in Kent starting on June 28 and likely continuing through the months of July and August. Our ultimate plan is to resume services at Brimfield Elementary once the Field Local School Board invites us to return.
As we enter Phase-2 for re-opening church, it is our responsibility to do so in compliance with the State of Ohio’s social distancing requirement. Please plan to maintain a 6’ distance from those around you (other than members of your immediate family). To maintain such spacing, we will be roping off every other row of chairs in the auditorium. In each row, please plan to leave two empty chairs between your family and unrelated persons. There will not be any need to tear down chairs after the service is concluded, and we encourage you to use that time as an opportunity to fellowship and reconnect with one another. However, we simply ask that everyone be mindful of the 6’ social distancing requirement, and to the extent possible, move the fellowship outdoors after the worship service. Let’s be careful to avoid crowding the foyer or any aisles, hallways or doorways.
In addition to following government regulations, our Elders are also asking everyone who chooses to attend to show deference to each other by refraining from physical contact such as hugs, handshakes, fist bumps, etc. We want to be especially mindful of those among us who may be more susceptible to the COVID-19 virus. On the question of wearing face masks, we acknowledge that there are differing opinions. While face masks will not be required to attend, we would encourage the use of face masks as an extra precaution, especially during times of singing.
Whatever your personal decision is concerning attending and/or wearing a face mask, let’s intentionally focus on modeling genuine love and respect for our brothers and sisters instead of critiquing each other’s concerns and opinions. Our unity must begin and end with Christ's work on the Cross on our behalf. Let's be careful not to become divisive concerning social or political points of view. Let's model for those around us the attractiveness of a Christ-centered community. (Titus 2:10)
For clarity, please review the following:
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Cough / sneeze in your arm.
- Frequently wash hands with soap & water, and/or use hand sanitizer..
- Objectively assess the health of yourself and your family members prior to attending.
- Stay at home if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or in the last 72 hours you have experienced (or have come into contact with anyone experiencing) any of the following symptoms: Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, chills, muscle pain, nausea, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, shaking or tremors, or new loss or taste or smell.
- Consider wearing a mask, especially during singing. Disposable face masks will be made available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Reasonably limit your time inside the building. Enjoy fellowship outdoors, and/or avoid congregating in tight clusters.
- Be careful not to crowd the foyer or any aisles, hallways or doorways.
- Providing hand sanitizer in various locations inside the building.
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces before and after service.
- Suspending coffee and donuts.
- Directing foot traffic in and out of the church building to help maintain social distancing.
- Having a single “offering box” instead of passing offering baskets.
- Providing weekly bulletin online in the BBC app, and on-screen during the worship service.
- Continuing to make available a recorded weekly on-line worship service. (However, Sunday Life Groups will not be meeting for the rest of the summer.)
- If our attendance approaches the point of exceeding building occupancy limits in light of the State’s social distancing requirements, we will explore adding a second service at an alternate time.
Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
I can’t wait to be worshipping with you again in person!
The Hill Church's address:
3580 State Route 43
Kent, OH 44240
Water Street church building:
1541 South Water Street
Kent, OH 44240